Learn with Me in 2023!
I am directly hosting the following upcoming live, interactive Zoom workshops:
- Logs & Ladders 6-9am Wednesday 22 March 2023
- Geometricks 5-8am Thursday 27 April 2023
- Abstraction in Action (Weekdays) from 5am 3, 4 and 18 May and 8 June 2023
- Abstraction Action (Weekends) from 6pm 6, 7 and 20 May and 10 June 2023
The workshops are also recorded and available to view for 30 days after the workshop.
Information for Groups & Guilds
My teaching focus is on freeform piecing, effective design and the use of colour – to promote fun and encourage creative momentum. My presentations and workshops draw upon my experience and insights as an artist, curator, judge, quilt judging educator, writer and mentor.
I am excited at how technology enables us to effectively share our creative spaces and work side-by-side no matter where we are in the world and what time zone we are in.
I offer the following workshops and programs:
- Presentations available as live virtual programs via Zoom for up to 100 participants.
- 3 Hour Live Interactive Workshops: optimised for learning on the Zoom platform for up to 20 students.
- Longer Format Workshops: designed for in-person classes or multi-segment live events.
Please email me for my availability and rates. I am open to tailoring a workshop or presentation that suits your needs. View the Serendipity Student Gallery.
3 Hour Live Interactive Workshops:
The following three-hour live, interactive workshops have been developed and optimised for learning on the Zoom platform and are available for up to 20 students.
In addition, there are two multi-segment workshops that explore different aspects of abstract design. They can be taken separately or together.
- Riffing with Repetition: Explore the power of repetition to create unity and rhythm in abstract design using YOUR preferred techniques.
- Abstraction in Action: Learn how to create an abstract composition drawn from reality using YOUR preferred medium and techniques. Working from a personal source of inspiration found in nature or place, students will learn the basics of abstraction through observation, reflection and repetition.
All presentations are available as live virtual programs via Zoom:
- 45 minute digital slide show + Q&A
- Up to 100 participants
Longer Format Workshops
In addition to the 3-hour workshops, I offer the following longer format, in-depth workshops for both in-person and virtual events. I can tailor content and timing for your needs.
I enjoy the energy and enthusiasm of retreat and symposium-style gatherings. Past assignments include the Australasian Quilt Convention (2009, 2010, and 2013), New Zealand Quilt Symposiums (2015, 2017 and 2019), AQS Quilt Week Paducah (2013), European Patchwork Meeting (2014), Pacific International Quilt Festival (2018) and Quilt Encounter (2010 and 2012).
Click on images for workshop descriptions on my main design and teaching website or download my Serendipity Patchwork & Quilting Workshops Brochure.
View the Serendipity Student Gallery.