Learn with Me!
My teaching focus is on freeform piecing, effective design and the use of colour – to promote fun and encourage creative momentum. My presentations and workshops draw upon my experience and insights as an artist, curator, judge, quilt judging educator, writer and mentor.
While there are currently restrictions on travel and gatherings, I am excited at how technology enables us to effectively share our creative spaces and work side-by-side no matter where we are in the world and what time zone we are in.
I offer the following workshops and programs:
- Presentations available as live virtual programs via Zoom for up to 100 participants.
- 3 Hour Live Interactive Workshops: optimised for learning on the Zoom platform for up to 20 students.
- Longer Format Workshops: designed for in-person classes or multi-segment live events.
3 Hour Live Virtual Workshops:
The following three-hour live virtual workshops have been developed and optimised for learning on the Zoom platform and are available for up to 20 students.
In addition, there are two advanced classes:
- Beyond FUNdamentally Circles (A$35 dates TBA) goes deeper into the design possibilities of circles and curvilinear shapes and is designed for graduates of the first FUNdamentally Circles workshop.
- Abstraction in Action (A$125 August-September 2021) is a four module workshop for committed students looking to stretch their creative muscles and to explore abstraction both in concept and practice. Spaces are limited. Learn more.
All presentations are available as live virtual programs via Zoom:
- 45 minute digital slide show + Q&A
- Up to 100 participants
Longer Format Workshops
In addition to the 3-hour workshops, I offer the following longer format, in-depth workshops for both in-person and virtual events. I can tailor content and timing for your needs.
I enjoy the energy and enthusiasm of retreat and symposium-style gatherings. Past assignments include the Australasian Quilt Convention (2009, 2010, and 2013), New Zealand Quilt Symposiums (2015, 2017 and 2019), AQS Quilt Week Paducah (2013), European Patchwork Meeting (2014), Pacific International Quilt Festival (2018) and Quilt Encounter (2010 and 2012).
Click on images for workshop descriptions on my main design and teaching website or download my Serendipity Patchwork & Quilting Workshops Brochure.
View the Serendipity Student Gallery.